Community-Based Support: Get Involved
Join the Parent Advisory Committee and support our “At Laurel, Every Day Counts! Attendance Matters!” campaign. Call our school and let us know if you can help in any of the following actions:
- Contribute to our social media campaign by posting positive messages about attendance on your social media accounts, share messages we post on the Laurel webpage on you page, the community connection page or any other social media accounts you use.
- Post on your page pictures of you kids getting on the school bus accompanied by positive messages about being at school every day and on time.
- Be willing to allow students who live on your route to school to carpool with you if the student’s parent reached out to you to arrange that. This involves you being ok with us sharing your phone number with those parents. We will of course check with you before we give your number out. We will also work out an agreement about holding you harmless in case of inevitable circumstances such as an accident or injury of some sort.
- Be willing to be a safe “coach” or support person to a family who is in need of developing skills of maintaining a regular morning and after school schedule so they are able to get their kids to school and pick them up on time.
- Be willing to support family events we may hold to promote attendance by volunteering your time and effort to coordinate and hold the event.