English Language Learner
The primary goal of Junction City School District is for every student to meet or exceed Oregon State standards and be proficient in English.
Junction City School District provides English Language Learner services designed to increase English language proficiency and to promote access to and increased academic progress toward state and district curriculum standards. Junction City School District sets goals and creates plans within the framework of the State of Oregon requirements.
The Oregon Statewide EL Strategic Plan is included as a link: ODE ELL Plan
- Provide an ELD curriculum designed to support content-area instruction and move students’ progress toward benchmarks and meeting the same academic content and achievement standards that all students are expected to meet.
- Ensure that ELL students graduate high school at a rate equal to or above that of the general population.
- Provide ongoing staff development and training opportunities that will have a positive and lasting impact on teachers’ understanding of second language acquisition and teaching techniques proven beneficial to English language learners.
- Ensure meaningful participation in the district’s educational program for all ELL students.
- Assist schools and families with concerns that may negatively affect student achievement.
- Facilitate parent involvement in the schools and in the education of their children.