In case of school delay or closure due to bad weather:
- Notice will be broadcast over participating radio and TV stations. (KDUK, KZEL, KLCC, KPNW, KKTT, KKNU, KRVM, KMGE, KEZI-TV, KMTR-TV, and KVAL-TV) or Register Guard Newspaper's Guardline. Online information is available at http://flashalert.net/
- Please do not call radio or TV stations or the school for information regarding school closure. Information will be announced as soon as it is available.
- Decisions on school delays or school closures will be made by the superintendent by 6:30 a.m., unless emergency situations develop later.
- On days of school closure due to inclement weather, all school activities are automatically cancelled unless the previously scheduled activities are specifically approved by the superintendent.
- On days when delayed start of school is implemented, all activities will continue as previously scheduled unless cancelled by the appropriate individual. Morning kindergarten classes are cancelled when school is delayed.
- Parents of children who ride buses should familiarize themselves with inclement weather routes and winter transportation options.
Per the District School Board, "The decision regarding the appropriateness of students riding the bus to school when the road conditions are in question is the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian. Students who do not attend school due to inclement weather will have excused absences.